Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
"It was truly a day where the power of the circus and variety arts lifted the spirits of and created moments of joy for the entire community."
—Ruth Anderson, Director of Youth and Family Programs, James A. Michener Art Museum
Since 1995, Bindlestiff Family Cirkus has traveled the world, bringing its unique hybrid of vaudeville, circus, wild west shows, burlesque, and sideshow to theaters, clubs, colleges, and festivals, adding a contemporary twist to the grand traditions of American Circus. Bindlestiff Family Cirkus co-founders Stephanie Monseu and Keith Nelson have produced more than a dozen off-broadway shows, custom performances for special audiences, family productions, and sophisticated adult shows. Their dedication to the variety arts has made them famous among audiences and within the variety arts community.
Bindlestiff Family Cirkus offers a number of hands-on learning programs, from after-school programs to summer camp experiences. Students can learn to juggle, walk a wire, clown around, ride a unicycle, march on stilts or build a human pyramid. Outreach activities are suitable all ages.
Bindlestiff Family Cirkus offers a variety of cast sizes that feature a family-friendly blend of vaudeville, circus and sideshow spectacle for theaters and festivals. Cast sizes range from the solo Mr. Pennygaf's Sideshow Spectacle and Dynamic Duo to large cast shows of 7-12 performers in Cardboard and Duct Tape. Buckaroo Bindlestiff's Wild West Jamboree is a one-hour comedic look at America's Old West for family audiences. High Heels & Red Noses is a cirkus-infused, theatrical spectacle in the burlesque tradition for theaters and cabaret settings.
Available Touring Programs:
- Bindlestiff Family Cirkus (family show)
- Bindlestiff Family Cirkus Cabaret
- Mr. Pennygaf's Sideshow Spectacle
- Dynamic Duo
- Cardboard and Duct Tape
- Buckaroo Bindlestiff's Wild West Jamboree
- High Heels & Red Noses (burlesque show)
- Buckaroo Bindlestiff's Fun with Knots (age 6 and up)
- Introduction to Juggling (age 4 and up)
- Fun with Everyday Objects (all ages)
- Basic Acrobatics (ages 5-10)
- Stilt Walking (ages 5 and up)
- Playing with Circus Props (ages 7 and up)
- Run Away with the Cirkus Workshop (all ages)